Objectives of the Scheme
- To build up a repository and dissemination centre in Environmental Science and Engineering.
- To enable application of modern technologies of acquisition, processing, storage, retrieval and dissemination of information of environmental nature.
- To support and promote research, development and innovation in environmental information technology.
- To provide national environmental information services relevant to present needs and those capable of development to meet future needs of users, originators, processors and disseminators.
- To build up storage, retrieval and dissemination capabilities, with the ultimate objective of disseminating information speedily to the users.
- To promote national and international cooperation and liaise with agencies concerned for exchange of environment related information.
- To promote, support and assist education and personnel training programmes designed to enhance environmental information processing and utilising capabilities.
- To promote exchange of information amongst developing countries.